Packaged to Perform with SAP Business One.
- Name: Quality Packaging & Supplies Inc. (QPS)
- Location: Oxnard, CA
- Industry: Wholesale Distribution
- Products: Warehousing & distribution of agricultural & industrial products packaging materials
- Website: qualityqps.com
- System: SAP Business One ERP
Packaging expert QPS is an expanding enterprise and needed an all-in-one solution that could handle increased data, transactions, and users. They partnered with Softengine to deploy SAP Business One and gain greater visibility of its data, analyze performance, identify trends, and optimize operations.
SELECT TAB FOR MORE INFORMATION
Before: Challenges and Opportunities
- Too many processes were performed manually resulting in errors. QPS was looking to streamline and optimize its processes in areas such as finance, sales, purchasing, and inventory management.
- With no item traceability system in place, the company was at risk of losing key accounts.
- No ability to age its inventory was leading to dead inventory and slow turn times.
Why Softengine & SAP
- The company chose SAP on the basis of its reputation, reliability, and flexibility. SAP Business One offered the necessary scalability to adapt and grow without major disruption to ongoing business.
- QPS decided to work with Softengine as its implementation partner as they are nearby, can customize the system in line with QPS’s needs, and offer add-ons to help run internal and customer-facing processes.
After: Value Driven Results
- Operational efficiencies reduced manual effort, and minimal errors thanks to extensive automation.
- Full batch/lot traceability for packaging and inventory ensures compliance with GSFI standards.
- Increased productivity and faster decision-making due to mobile access to critical data in real time.
- Ability to age the inventory to better enforce inventory turns and reduce order quantities, resulting in $500,000 less stock held in the warehouse. In addition, items can be found instantly in bin locations.
- The upper management team can manage the company better through the introduction of KPIs in a dashboard, advanced reporting, and enhanced visibility.
“Implementing SAP Business One has revolutionized our operations, delivered increased efficiency, streamlined processes, and enabled better decision-making. It has truly exceeded our expectations and resolved a lot of our business challenges.”
Tyson Ard, Chief Executive Officer, Quality Packaging & Supplies Inc