- On February 20, 2023
- 0 Comments
- AI, automation, Business, Business Intelligence, Business Process Automation, Business Processes, Business Software, enterprise resource planning, ERP, Growth, increase efficiency, Increase Productivity, Process Standardizations, Productivity, Reduce Costs, SAP, SAP Business One, smb, SMB Technology, Softengine, technology
Business Process Automation
As the business world continues the shift towards becoming more technologically advanced to remain competitive, industries are implementing automated solutions to manage their manual, repetitive, and time-consuming tasks. Business Process Automation by definition is the use of technology to replace human intervention on high-volume, repetitive, and time-consuming tasks. Leveraging the technologies to automate these processes is a great way to keep up with the current industry trends and remain well-equipped to be prepared for economic fluctuations. Here are some key benefits that can be gained from incorporating automation into a core business strategy.
1. Increased Productivity: Completing business processes manually can be extremely time-consuming and repetitive for employees. By implementing systems and solutions to complete these processes automatically, the business productivity is greatly increased along with individual employee productivity because they can now allocate their time and skills to more challenging and fruitful tasks. Automating also allows for processes to be completed simultaneously additionally improving overall productivity.
2. Cost Reduction: Manually performing and executing business processes can be both time-consuming and costly for a company. Companies lose 20% to 30% of revenue per year as a result of inefficient processes. When implementing automation to perform the tasks, the cost of operations has the potential to be significantly reduced. Wasting resources is a downside of manually performing processes, so automation is a great way to potentially cut costs and reduce resource waste.
3. Reliability: Most processing errors occur as a result of human mistake, especially due to the repetitive nature of completing business processes. Activities such as data input can become extremely tedious after hours of working and are very prone to error. Automation can relieve the stress and strain from employees and prevent data mistakes ensuring reliable data available is inputted into the system. Achieving the peace of mind that the data and information being processed is without fault is a huge benefit of implementing automation solutions.
4. Process Standardization: When multiple employees are assigned manual process tasks, everyone has their own unique way of organization and techniques to complete the same assignments. While this is a completely normal occurrence, it can occasionally lead to miscommunication and misunderstandings concerning the input. When a system automatically completes these processes, there is complete uniformity and standardization of the data. Having a set and uniform standard of process completion makes it much more consistent that documents will not get lost and are easily traceable because each task is performed the same way automatically.
Automation has the capabilities to transform a business into becoming more productive, efficient, and successful. Implementing automation solutions is a great first step to make the transition into the digital age of business performance while not overwhelming employees.
SAP Business One has the capabilities to automate certain business processes to take the stress out of manually tracking documents and seeing their origin. By linking documents to one another in SAP Business One, the Relationship Map feature allows the user to see all linked documents in that chain and access them by a single click. This is just one example of the many ways Business One can automate tedious process tasks.
To learn more about what Softengine and SAP Business One offers, contact one of our B1 experts at: [email protected] and check out the rest of our website at for documents and quick information pertaining to SAP Business One ERP.