Advancements in ERP Software
- On April 5, 2022
- 0 Comments
- Advancement, Advantage, Business, Business Operations, Business Software, ERP, ERP Software, Growth, increase efficiency, increase profit, innovation, SAP, SAP Business One, SAP Partner, smb, SMB ERP, Softengine, technology, Technology Solutions
Advancements in ERP Software
As technology continues to evolve and advance, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software is doing the same. Staying informed and familiar with technology advancements is a great way to be prepared for new features that can greatly benefit your business operations. In today’s Softengine Blog Spot post, learn about the new technological advancements being made to ERP software!
- Increased AI Integration: Artificial Intelligence (AI) is changing the business world in many positive ways, and ERP software is not an exception. With the large amount of data businesses receive and store, AI is a huge help in sorting and accessing this critical information. With the help of intelligent tech, there is no more worrying about where data is located because it can be accessed immediately. With AI powering data loading, analyzing, and storing, there is less room for error resulting in greater efficiency and accuracy. With all historical data being stored in one location, generating reports with real-time updates depicts the most accurate view of the business. Reporting data has never been easier with AI-integrated ERP (1).
- Extended Functionalities: Many businesses have various technologies running to satisfy their specific business needs such as e-commerce platforms and point of sales systems. Modern day ERP is advancing and becoming even more customizable to fit these needs. Integration to these systems can be extremely important to continue business operations, and many modern ERP’s offer the ability to seamlessly integrate and communicate information with other technologies in place. For example, if a company is running an e-commerce platform and a sale is made, the ERP integrated with the online website can generate a sales order within the system and notify the user that a sale was made. Communication between platforms is integral, and with the innovations being made in the ERP space, it can be performed seamlessly and in real-time (2).
- Shift to the Cloud: In the past, the majority of ERP software solutions were housed on-premise at the business location. Despite there being many benefits of on-premise ERP, there are some issues as well such as internet connectivity issues causing a system outage. In the past two years, the shift to the cloud has been a hot topic for ERP software, and it is only getting more popular. For specifically small to midsize businesses, the benefits of moving to the cloud are incredible. Cloud hosting makes it so there is less need for in-house IT and the business is not required to maintain their own system. The cloud is also becoming more and more secure and safe against cyber-attacks and provides users with more peace of mind that their data is secured (3).
- Mobile Applications: Technology no longer has to be confined to one location. As a society that is constantly on the move, access to ERP is extending its capabilities along with it. The benefits of being able to access the software outside of the office are incredible such as closing an important sale or entering key data directly from the field without waiting to return to office. ERP already increases productivity and communication, but when available on mobile devices, decisions can be made quicker and at any time regardless of where employees are located (1).
In conclusion, the advancements being made in the ERP software marketing are truly ground-breaking for the industry. There has never been a better time to invest in an ERP and gain the benefits that these innovations offer every sized business.
SAP Business One is the leading ERP software for the SMB market and is packed full of functionality, customization, and features to help run your business better. With a plethora of add-ons that can be purchased with SAP Business One, there is truly a customization to fit every type of business. Here at Softengine, we offer industry-specific SAP Business One suites such as Food One, designed specifically for the food and beverage industry, Coffee one, designed specifically for the coffee industry, and Softengine Warehouse Management System+, a fully-integrated warehouse management system to aid in warehouse distribution. For inquiries about SAP Business One and what it can offer your specific business, contact one of our specialists at [email protected].
Read more about Food One: https://softengine.com/products/softengine/food-one/
Read more about Coffee One: https://softengine.com/products/softengine/coffee-one/
Read more about WMS+: https://softengine.com/products/softengine/warehouse-management/
Read more about SAP Business One: https://softengine.com/product/sap-business-one/