- On May 12, 2021
- 0 Comments
- businessleaders, customerservice, ERP, increaseprofits, manufacturing
How Modern Manufacturers Differentiate Themselves
Manufacturing companies in 2021 are accelerating innovation like never before. With advancements in Customer Service Software, new and innovative products are launched each and every day. Quality if these products is also enhanced thanks to technological advancements and omnichannel and e-commerce platforms are allowing consumers to purchase any brand from anywhere. So how do today’s manufacturers stand out in a crowded marketplace?
With manufactured products, especially commodities, quickly reaching parity in terms of price, quality, and accessibility, companies need to make Customer Service Software a priority. The key differentiator for manufacturing companies today is how they relate to their consumers. In fact, 89% of companies compete on customer service alone (1)!
Consumers also recognize the value of good service, with 90% considering service as a factor when deciding whether they do business with a particular company and 93% likely to make repeat purchases with companies who offer excellent service (2).
The Secret to Great Service
The significance of quality service is clear. But how do business leaders ensure optimum customer service? Integrated Customer Service Software that houses all your customer, product, inventory, and delivery data gives you the insights you need to provide customers with the right products and information at exactly the right time!
Outlined below are some of the ways that technology can impact your customer service:
- Fewer Errors: When everyone within the company has access to the same information, which is updated in real-time across every department, agents are better able to provide customers with accurate product and delivery information.
- Shorter Hold Times: With easy access to all the order and product data from a single access point, customers do not need to wait on hold while agents scramble to find the requested information on their order.
- Fewer Transfers: With data immediately updated across your entire organization, customers do not need to be transferred across different business departments to get the help they need.
- More On-Time Deliveries: Accurate insights into your inventory and production, as well as demand forecasting based on order history and trends, allows you to better plan to fulfill customer orders, meaning more on-time deliveries and more happy customers.
- Products Stocked to Meet Demand: demand planning also allows you to purchase the necessary materials (you can even use technology to automate purchase orders) and schedule production to avoid out-of-stock situations, which causes you to lose business to competitors who have the desired product.
- Empowered Customers: Self-service portals where customers have access to product information and order updates means your customers can find the information they are looking for 24/7, without feeling like they need to rely on an agent for help.
Obviously, providing the best customer service is essential to keeping existing customers happy and luring in new clients. These are just a few of the ways business leaders use Customer Service Software to enhance customer service.