Food and Beverage Audit Solutions
Food and Beverage Audit Solutions
Every business is subject to various types of audits. The food and beverage industry is no exception and often needs to conduct more audits than other industries to comply with safety and product regulations. Without the tools to easily pull financial, inventory, and process-related data, audits can become time-consuming, error-prone, and expensive. Technology that integrates all your business data allows you to simplify your internal audit process and better prepare for external audits.
An audit is an examination of an existing system, product, organization, or process. Audits can be conducted internally (by someone within or hired by the company) or externally (by a separate entity like the FDA). There are several types of audits in the food and beverage industry; some of the most common include:
- Financial audits are investigations of an organization’s financial reports’ accuracy, comparing financial statements to real data.
- Tax audits are a type of financial audit used to ensure that an organization reports its tax information accurately
- Operational audits are detailed analyses of company goals, planning, processes, procedures, and results. These types of audits are typically conducted to identify areas for improvement.
- Process audits are a type of operational audit that determines if a particular process is working as it is intended to and how it can run better.
- Product audits are conducted after production but before a product reaches a customer and is another way to assure optimum food quality.
- Compliance audits examine a business or department’s policies and procedures to make sure that they comply with internal or regulatory standards. This is especially important for companies with strict regulations like food and beverage.
Food Beverage Recall Solutions: https://softengine.com/resources/form/food-recall/
“FDA regulatory standards require traceability, which includes not only the components and finished goods, but the ability to audit the entire process from cradle to grave. SAP Business One facilitates all of this, giving us the visibility we need to achieve our rigorous QA standards and meet all FDA guidelines.”
– Justin Ku, Administration & Operations Coordinator, Swabplus
What Our Customers Say
Bruce Goldsmith, Family Owner, Baronet Coffee
Denise Ost, Chief Operating Officer, Goodwill Industries, San Joaquin Valley
The good news is that SAP Business One’s Sales Analysis capabilities enabled us to evaluate the results of that campaign and then make adjustments for future promotions. Specifically, we can check the number of transactions, discount levels and net gain or loss per promotion and per location. We have to be very careful with how we spend our precious marketing dollars and the new system gives us the tools to optimize our investment in that area.
Jason Dugan, CFO, Trudeau Distributing Company
Softengine has been a key contributor to our rollout of SAP Business One. The company’s consultants were excellent and helped ensure that we had a successful implementation.
Leonard Kang, Operations Manager, Christopher Lena
We decided to find a partner we could put our trust in. Softengine is very experienced and systemized in its approach. We were very confident we’d made the right choice. Small businesses might be intimidated by SAP software. What they don’t realize is that SAP offers solutions designed specifically for small to midsize companies like ours.
Ray Lacorte, VP of Operations, Choice Organic Teas
We feel like we are in great hands with Softengine and the SAP Business One system they installed. It’s nice to finally put all those unreliable ERP systems and redundant procedures in the rear-view mirror.
Justin Ku, Administration & Operations Coordinator, Swabplus
The Softengine team was able to tailor SAP Business One to deliver all the traceability Swabplus needed, including all the applicable reports. Softengine enhanced the core system to enable creation of new batch numbers if components don’t already have them and the option of batch-costing. They also added fields for escalation dates, expiration dates and additional inspection data (e.g., who inspected and when), which could be incorporated into each Certificate of Analysis.
Virginia J. Gregorian, COO, Turbo Wholesale Tires
Our experience with Softengine has been extremely positive. Any time we call for assistance, they always assign someone who’s highly professional and gets the job done quickly. Interestingly enough, I’ve become so much more educated about IT-related matters since working with the Softengine team on this project. Every time we need to upgrade the system, they walk me though all the steps to make sure that I completely understand what’s happening, which contributes to the overall success of the upgrade. It’s been a pleasure to work with them.