- On November 23, 2021
- 0 Comments
- B1, Business One, cloud erp, Coffee, Coffee Bean, Coffee Distribution, Coffee Industry, coffee roaster, direct-to-consumer, enterprise resource planning, ERP, food and beverage, food distribution, food erp, Food Manufacturer, food manufacturing, food technology, SAP, SAP Business One
Whether you are a coffee drinker, a coffee connoisseur, or just like to keep up with the latest coffee industry trends, we can all agree that the United States loves coffee. In fact, statistics show that 50% of Americans (roughly 150 million people) consume some type of coffee drink daily, equating to about 3 cups per day (1). That’s a lot of coffee! Working in such a specialized industry, keeping up with the latest coffee industry trends is essential in order to offer customers something unique and special.
Compiled below are some of the latest coffee industry trends to keep in mind as we head into 2022!
- The Emergence of “Healthy” Coffee Blends: With the growing popularity of dairy-free substitutes, nut milk, and plant-based blends, the coffee industry is shifting to accommodate the increasing demand for these options. Oat milk, Almond Milk, Matcha, and Soy products are just a few examples of the options consumers are moving towards when it comes to flavoring their favorite coffees. Incorporating these healthier options into drinks will draw consumers in to try a healthier but still tasty alternative to the high-fat, high sugar drinks they are used to (2).
- The Coffee Experience: Consumers are not looking for a simple experience when it comes to coffee anymore; they want the aesthetic to match how the coffee makes them feel! Coffee shops with ‘Instagrammable’ décor and photo opportunities draw the attention of those wishing to be immersed in a cozy location to enjoy their drink. For brick-and-mortar coffee locations, offering customers that complete experience is one way to boost sales and gain publicity from the posts made by customers (2).
- Growth of Pre-Packaged, Ready to Drink Coffee: Everyone has those days when you are rushing to work and realize you do not have time to stop at your favorite coffee shop. This, in turn, increases the demand for favorite drinks to be pre-packaged and available to buy at the store or at a gas station for a quick fix on those rushed mornings. Even waiting in the long-drive through lines versus going inside to grab a pre-packed latte makes a difference. Many coffee companies offer a variety of their most popular menu items in cans and bottles to sell them inside their stores or at grocery stores and gas stations for this reason (2).
- International Coffee Blends: Cultures around the world have various customs and coffee recipes. Consumers, now more than ever with limited travel options due to the pandemic, are looking for that exotic option for their morning coffee. Googling recipes for international coffee drinks has led consumers to make their own versions of various international options. Offering customers the option to branch out and try something out-of-the-box is a great way to expand your customer base and stand out from the competition (3).
Looking at these coffee trends, we hope it helps you gain insight into what is to come in 2022 and helps stay up-to-date on the changing coffee industry!
At Softengine, we understand the specific needs the coffee industry faces, so we built a solution to help relieve the stress of organizing and integrating business processes specific to Coffee. CoffeeOne is our fully integrated solution built off of SAP Business One designed to tackle those areas of the Coffee Industry that are underrepresented or hard to find. Our fully configurable ERP Software Solution will improve business visibility, increase organization and efficiency, and help run your business better. If you are seeking more information about Softengine’s CoffeeOne Powered by SAP, check out our CoffeeOne Brochure linked below!
- Team Linchpin: Coffee and Tea Outlook 2022